Sheng is also said to have inspired the creation of Accordion and Harmonica. Sheng is extremely versatile and expressive in its own right, with a wide note range, as well as much the broad tonal textures. Due to its portability and the polyphony nature, Sheng is also one of the few common accompanying instruments in Chinese music. It's a must-have piece for scoring a more comprehensive Chinese-theme music.
A special note on the recording musician: He Yuan, who is a distinguished performer, composer, professor, and also an active member of the classical Chinese music community. He has won many provincial and national awards in various categories, and He has toured overseas many times. With the help of He, the nuances and intrinsic delicacies are faithfully captured.
System requirements and specs:
* 270 MB meticulously produced sample sets.
* Windows XP/VISTA. 512mb RAM. NO 64-bit HOST support. (Can be used in 32-bit hosts under 64-bit Windows OS)
* Works in VSTi compatible hosts.
* All samples are recorded in 24 bit 96 kHz.
* ChineeSheng (in D) contains various types of long tones, vibratos, spit tongues, roll tongues, chorus, and various playing expressions. The note range is from A3--F#6.