Fresh code, innovative drag-and-drop MIDI mapping and plug-in management,
auto-configuration with PreSonus hardware, good audio quality, unlimited
tracks and plug-ins per track and a powerful, inventive, Start page that
puts the whole project right in your hands are just a few of the compelling
features that make Studio One the next generation in audio software,
according to PreSonus.
Hello Studio One Users,
The maintenance update Studio One 2.5.1 is online!
For detailed list of enhancements and fixes please read the release notes.
Have fun with the new Studio One 2.5.1!
Studio One 2.5.1 Release Notes
This is a maintenance update which includes several quality and stability improvements, as well as a few feature enhancements.
PLEASE NOTE BEFORE UPDATING: As part of this release all dynamics plug-ins have been updated to address an issue introduced in version 2.5 which caused audible artifacts when using the "Auto" or "Adaptive" modes. As a side effect of this fix, affected channels may have a higher output volume compared to version 2.5. Expect having to adjust mix settings after updating to 2.5.1. The following plug-ins are affected:
- Compressor with envelope on auto or adaptive
- Tricomp with envelope on auto
- Multiband Dynamics with envelope on auto
- Autofilter with envelope on auto
- Dynamics section in Channelstrip
If you're in doubt which songs might be affected, please make sure to create mixdowns before updating to 2.5.1.
Studio One 2.5.1 has the following enhancements:
- Support for Japanese characters in Project export (toggled via program language)
- Muted tracks can be enabled now in stem export
- [Sample One] loop mode added
- Mixdown of soloed track is placed under soloed track
- Added manual addendum for German, Spanish, French and Japanese
Studio One 2.5.1 fixes the following issues:
- "Disk is not fast enough" message displayed when audio device sync error occurs while recording
- CD cannot be written when 1st pause is longer than 2 seconds
- [OSX] Enter key not working in song notes
- [OSX] Plugin GUI fix or UAD and D16 VST plugins
- [OSX] Audio folder no longer displayed as Volume in file browser (paths used from this volume need to be recreated)
- Crash after renaming songs
- New Song template tab not remembered
- Drawing bug with layer events
- MIDI file import bug when notes have overlap
- Automation points not added when using "Insert Silence"
- Explode pitches does place new tracks outside of folder
- Zoom to selection not working correctly with folder events
- Track navigation bug when traversing tracks in open folders
- Fixed volume meter curve in Transport and Track meters
- Using mute tool on automation can crash
- Inserts lost when transforming back an old 2.0 song
- Error when using "Duplicate and Insert" repeatedly
- Reverse audio does not use original event color
- Several Sampler engine issues (improved sfz import; clicks at sample end)
- Groove quantize bend marker problem
- I/O settings can't be correctly restored (for example: StudioLive Outputs in template on OSX)
- Plugin name filter fixed (East West "Play" name not displayed correctly)
- [ProEQ] Oversampling now disabled when no band active
- Dynamics plug-ins have a fixed Adaptive and Auto mode (2.5.0 songs may sound louder if these modes were enabled – please read IMPORTANT NOTE above)
- [Ampire] Mid and Treble controls are reset when set to minimum
- [Open AIR] Dry signal latency compensation not working on uneven buffer-sizes
- [Sample One] Parameters not correctly updated after loading Preset
- [Impact] Improved default preset and Amp envelope